I have a very special relationship with my slow cooker. I love making bone broths. Bone broth is the perfect remedy to support our gut, bones, joints and skin health. Here is an easy recipe for you.
- 2 chicken carcasses
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4l litres cold water
- Place all ingredients in a 5 litres capacity slow cooker.
- Add in water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
- Simmer for 24 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and allow to cool slightly.
- Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
I like to separate in cup portions and freeze it.